AXIS, the ICO Group's venture capital company, resolves the twelfth call of Fond-ICO Global
- Fond-ICO Global will invest 202 million euros in the 11 funds selected in this round
- The funds chosen will invest 910 million euros in Spanish companies
- 32 funds, of which 28% are international, participated in the bidding process for the twelfth call of Fond-ICO Global, reflecting its important role in attracting foreign capital
AXIS, the ICO Group's venture capital company, will invest 202 million euros in the 11 funds selected in the twelfth call of Fond-ICO Global. In turn, these funds are committed to investing 910 million euros in Spanish companies.
The funds invested in by Fond-ICO Global since its launch have already injected over 3,200 million euros in 552 investments in Spanish companies, providing employment to over 155,000 workers.
The funds' investments in companies aim to improve productivity by financing projects that combine innovation and entrepreneurship, thereby boosting their growth as well as job creation.
32 funds, of which the 28% are international funds, participated in the bidding process in this edition of the programme, which highlights the significance of this instrument in attracting foreign capital.
Of the total volume of investment approved, 90 million will be invested in the 3 funds selected in the "Growth Capital" category, 61 million to the 4 "Venture Capital" funds, 14 million will be invested in the 2 "Incubation/Technology Transfer" funds selected and 37 million in the 2 "Debt" funds.
The funds selected are the following:
In the Growth Capitalcategory:
- ESPIGA EQUITY PARTNERS, SGEIC, SA
- MCH PIVATE EQUITY INVESTMENTS, SGEIC
- QUADRIGA ASSET MANAGERS SGIIC, SA
In the Venture Capital category:
- SEAYA CAPITAL GESTIÓN SGEIC, SA
- YSIOS CAPITAL PARTNERS SGEIC, SAU
- GED CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT SAU, SGEIC
- KANOAR VENTURES SGEIC, SA
In the Debt category:
- TALDE GESTIÓN, SGEIC, SA
- ATALANTE SAS (CAPZA)
In the Incubation/Technology Transfer category:
- BUSINESS BOOSTER SGEIC, SA
- DEMIUN STARTUPS, S.L.
Fond-ICO Global holds an important role as a driver of the venture capital industry in Spain, helping to boost additional financing channels through public-private partnership. The funds invested in by Fond-ICO Global invest in companies at every stage of their development, paying particular attention to investments in early stages and innovation.
The thirteenth call of Fond-ICO Global will be carried out throughout 2020 with the funds available. Axis
was created in 1986 and currently manages 2,650 million euros through three funds: Fond-ICO Global, Fond-ICO Infraestructuras, which finances infrastructure projects that are sustainable in the long term and facilitates the internationalisation process of Spanish companies, and Fond-ICO Pyme, which finances the expansion plans and the technological development of SMEs.