Designed to back Spanish enterprises by financing their productive investments and working capital
ICO Facilities offer enterprises and the self-employed financing schemes to enable them to undertake their investment projects and meet their liquidity needs.
The loans provided under ICO's second-floor facilities feature long repayment terms, preferential interest rates and simple paperwork and may be obtained through leading banks and savings banks established in Spain. Loans are granted through private credit institutions, who assume the credit risk associated with each operation. Conditions of loans are established by ICO in transparent terms.
ICO's facilities are focused on two main areas of activity: SMEs and Entrepreneurs, and Internationalisation. These two major facilities will allow investment projects to be funded as well as the liquidity needs of businesses and the self-employed, both domestically and abroad:
- ICO SMEs and Entrepreneurs Facility. This facility is designed to provide financing to Spanish self-employed people and companies to make investments in Spain and meet their liquidity needs.The developments for this facility including improved financing conditions for liquidity and the differentiation of interest rates depending on the repayment periods of transactions. The maximum amount of funding is 12.5 million euros per client, granted via loans or leasing and with repayment terms of up to 20 years.
- ICO trade credit Facility: provides liquidity to companies through the advance payment of invoices arising from their short-term commercial activity as well as the financing of the
manufacturing stage of goods or services that can be sold in the national territory.
- ICO Mutual Guarantee Company Facility. ICO remains committed to the role of the Mutual Guarantee Companies as a basic financial instrument to provide the necessary guarantees for funding companies. The risk covered by these companies is valid for both investment transactions and liquidity requests by SMEs and self-employed.
- ICO Exporters . Financing for independent contractors and companies registered in Spain that would like to obtain liquidity by receiving advance payment for invoices from export activities.
- ICO Internacional Channel Facility: this product adds value to ICO’s catalogue of products to boost the activity of Spanish companies in third markets. Based on a collaboration scheme with international financial institutions that act as intermediaries, it provides Spanish companies with access to financing for investment projects and liquidity needs abroad, currently focusing on the region of Latin America and the Caribbean. Using this model, ICO broadens the distribution of funds towards new counterparts that operate in international markets in which Spanish companies have a commercial presence or more active investment, thus favouring their internationalisation. Support in the local banking system, with a better knowledge of the market, makes it easier for companies to have specific solutions available for each country regarding currencies, terms and conditions.