Fond-ICO Next Tech
4 billion to boost innovative, high-impact digital projects and investment in scale-up companies
Fond-ICO Next Tech aims to:
- Foster innovative, high-impact digital projects
- Invest in growth companies (scale-ups)
Why Fond-ICO Next Tech?
To transform the Spanish production model. To make it more competitive and capable of creating jobs. Promoting entrepreneurship and the scalability of projects in new digital technologies is essential.
Fond-ICO Next Tech is a joint initiative of Instituto de Crédito Oficial and Axis with the Secretary of State for Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence, included in the National Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
The fund is endowed with €4 billion and aims to mobilise up to €8 billion in public-private partnerships with the Spanish venture capital industry.
How can this be achieved?
Through 3 pillars:
- Strengthening public financing instruments
- Attracting international funds
- Strengthening the risk capital sector.
- Shares in companies
- Through their management companies, commitments to invest in specialised funds.
Priority will be given to the following digital and artificial intelligence sectors: